Learning a New language is always a fun and sometimes hard too. Miss S is so fond of learning new languages. However, though your child has the interest, it is sometimes hard to find the good instructor at a reasonable cost and time that suits you both. Mainly because of the latter, I hardly managed to learn any foreign languages, but for Miss S, I try my best to set it right.
When She started school, She had the Spanish class as one of her after school activity and she was keen to join. However, after a year of lessons, I hardly had seen any improvement from her, but still decided to carry on for few more months to see if she could improve. But then, I was very unsatisfied with her progress and had to stop the lessons.
One to One lessons for language would be an expensive choice and I support group learning than 1-1 as I feel it has more advantage as the kids have an option to learn from the fellow group mates as well. But she is on the waiting list. So, Just to keep her going, I was looking for some self learning books on Spanish and was very pleased to get an opportunity to review the “Spanish / English Learning Program for Children – e-book CINDERELLA / CENICIENTA III ” ebook.
This book is the THIRD in a series of bilingual books for children to either learn Spanish or English. The book is accompanied by a website where the book is available in an animated format as well as many games to practice the vocabulary.
It is written by Suzy Liebermann, A native of Germany and a former resident of the Dominican Republic, Mexico, the Islands of the Bahamas and Switzerland, Suzy Liebermann–now living in the USA–has travelled the world in pursuit of language, art, and culture.
- This book is scripted in Spanish within the pictures and has the written explanation in English beneath the pictures.
- The Cinderella story is explained by bright and colourful characters.
- It has big, clear fonts for the little ones to read through the book easily.
- It explains the story in a very simple English with less tricky words.
- Suitable from Age 3 and I would say there is no upper age limit.
This book is the THIRD in a series of bilingual books for children to either learn Spanish or English. The book is accompanied by a website were the book is available in an animated format as well as many games to practice the vocabulary.
Few things that I feel could have been improved:
- This is not an Audio book, The Children have to read it themselves and I am worried what if she gets the pronunciation wrong as it is not her first language and learning it in addition to her first language.
- There could have been an explanation down to detail what each Spanish word in a sentence exactly means in English! Right now it has one full Spanish Sentence which is then translated to a sentence in English.
And also please note, The main intention of this book is to act as a learning tool and not as an entertainment. So After some time your child might feel bored after some time, however the simple sentences and less pages of the book might make it interesting for them as they should be able to finish it quickly.
You can buy this E-Book from Amazon for $3.33 which is very affordable and a reasonable price.
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.