Miss S is much interested in learning something adventurous. But the problem with her is, she shows interest for only a few lessons in any activities and gets bored with it and then it is my biggest job to convince her to continue the lesson (If I feel it is worth it). There was a same situation for Martial Arts. When she knew her classmates are learning Martial Arts, She definitely wanted to join. Since there were no classes nearby where we live, I was keeping this activity on a waiting list and recently there has been a centre opened near our place. But before we start the classes, I really wanted to trial a few lessons before I secure a place. So, When there was a recruitment for Online Martial Art course reviewers, I have applied to see if I could get a chance to try this at home before I start a lesson for her with a tutor and we were lucky to be chosen. Though we have been chosen to be a part of the campaign, I was still not very convinced how it is going to workout to learn such a course that needs full attention, concentration and involvement from the kids. That increased my curiosity to see how and where this course will take us to. So, What’s this all about: This is the web’s first Martial Arts for Kids. The program includes 13 lessons and a handbook. The Course is designed and taught by Phil and Liz Weaver, who have been teaching the ancient art of Shou’ Shu’ kung fu professionally for nearly 20 years. What is included in the package:
- Lifetime access to 15 lectures
- 2+ hours of high quality content
This is an introductory martial arts course. The course teaches fundamentals of martial arts training as well as principles, philosophies, and formalities.
This course contains videos which teach each of these principles as well as classes in which the student will learn their practical application. Also included are videos which demonstrate how the technique is done in a real life application.
You will learn fundamentals of self defense, proper body motion and alignment, and more
It also includes:
- 30 day money back guarantee!
- Lifetime Access. No Limits!
- iPhone, iPad and Android Accessibility
- Certificate of Completion
Although the primary benefit of training in the system is self defense children will also gain in other areas. Such as: Respect– They will learn the protocols and meanings of these protocols. These are designed to teach respect for oneself and others.
Discipline- Our martial arts instruction is inspiring. Children will be inspired to work hard and will thereby naturally develop self discipline.
Physical Fitness – Classes are energetic. Kids will get lots of exercise.
Coordination – Shou‘ Shu’ develops coordination. Especially due to that large amount of cross lateral motions. Cross lateral motions have been shown to enhance learning. Especially helpful for kids with ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia or similar.
Anti-Bullying – Kids will learn to understand how to prevent bullying as well as determining threat level and appropriate responses.
Fun – classes your child is sure to enjoy! No materials are necessary, however you may need to find a punching bag. We used a large pillow and hanged it on our Door gym. By the end of the Course, you will be able to defend against a punch and understand the body mechanics of creating power. You will develop balance and coordination. We are still learning so it is a few more days for us (May be months 🙂 ) What we liked about this course:
- Learn at home option, Although we try to stick on to a regular timing to learn the course every day, I like the option of being flexible if we get busy with something else.
- Very good videos and the course makes you feel like learning from a professional at a teaching centre.
- All the fundamentals are explained to the kids methodologically, so they know what they are learning and how they are doing.
- I am also learning with kids so sometimes when the kids are bored to learn seriously, we make it as fun game to distract them from the bordem.
- You can learn the course at your own pace, rewind the video tutorial as many times as you want until you understand everything that is explained in the video.
- It does work to learn at home. As they learn, it improves their interest to continue the lesson and each lecture is designed that way.
- You can download and keep it offline for your children to learn without having internet access. So, It is learning anywhere, any time.
Things you should know before signing up for this course:
- This is not a Full Course. The course teaches fundamentals of martial arts training as well as principles, philosophies, and formalities. This is purely for you to try and judge if your child would be interested in continuing the course.
- I feel it is more suitable for children 4 or 5 plus and will work in the best way if they start showing interest in learning self defense courses.
Udemy has so many other online courses and you can browse https://www.udemy.com/courses/ to learn more about what they offer online. The Martial Arts course is priced at 27$ which I feel is a very good price to start with. If you would like to try out the Course, enter the Rafflecopter Giveaway for your opportunity to win. a Rafflecopter giveaway