I am very fond of Bracelets and so do Miss S. We both can spend hours and hours making jewelry and bracelets and as the Easter break is upon us, I try to find as many interesting crafts as I can to keep the kids occupied. I know… Still, I can’t leave them alone and I am in demand all the time. Still, I love it.
Hearing about my search for Crafts, the lovely people at Great Gizmos has sent us a 4M friendship bracelet making kit to try over the easter break and asked us to write about what we think about the product.
This friendship bracelet is definitely hours of fun (concentration really) for any girls. The package comes with
- A bracelet making a wheel
- 10 Spools of coloured embroidery threads
- 2 pattern templates
- A sheet of double sided stickers
- Instruction sheet
You can make four designs of bracelets with Great Gizmos has sent us a 4M friendship bracelet – Heart, Diamond, Flower and Stripes. The friendship wheel comes with Heart and Diamond and you are provided with additional template for stripes and flower.
The Bracelet making wheel and pattern template come with a clear picture of where to start your threading and what color threads to be used. At first, it was really difficult for us to get the hang of it, but as we made mistakes few times, we learnt from our mistakes and it was then easy to get the bracelet we wanted.
We started off with the heart one, as the instructions were provided to make the Heart bracelet and it was easy to follow. Though it looks simple and seems like something that can be finished faster… Don’t be fooled. It took quite an hour for us to finish one bracelet. So, If you are looking for getting your kids to sit in one place and concentrate on something very useful, I would highly recommend this. It was nice to see the bracelet coming up with the shape we were expecting, although there were a few mistakes in between. A few tips to get your bracelet correct
- When you start off, make sure the threads are not overlapped to each other and sure they stand away from each other as much as they can.
- Keep a note on which loop you are on, so you don’t get to do the same loop again or end up missing the next loop.
- The tighter you make your bracelet, the more clear the shapes are.
- You don’t have to strictly follow the same colours. You can choose the colour of your choice. However, You should remember which colour is being replaced with what so you can make your bracelets using the new colours you have chosen but still referring to the instruction sheet.
We are still in the process of making more and will upload more pictures as we do. 😉
The Friendship Bracelet making kit is sold at an average price of £9.99 and I feel it is very reasonable for the quality time your kids would spend making something nicer rather than watching TV all the time.
Disclaimer: I was sent this kit free of charge for an honest review. However, it does not influence in anyway and all the opinions are my own.