Out and about with the little ones is sometimes really hectic. Especially when they are fussy eaters and it is a long drive. So many days, I have ended up packing a lot of food and still finished the day with a bag full again.
We are off to Malta during Easter break and I was definitely on the look out to see what to buy. Just in time, Asda has sent me some from its New little angels Organic range to try.
So I was very happy and had a good first impression when I received a pack of Organic Sultanas, Organic Raisins, Organic Sultanas and Raisins, Organic Sultanas and apples and the Organic Banana Oaty bar with sultanas. Almost everything had Sultanas in it :). Saying that, it hasn’t even taken a day to finish off those little packs.:)
Everything except the Oat bars were finished before big sister returned from school :). I took the Oaty bar with me during the School pick up, just in case, if we head to the park after School. And Yes, We did and it was a good time to try the Oaty bars as the big sister was definitely hungry.
- The taste definitely. I am very confident because as mentioned in one of my previous posts, anything new on food for the kids would be tasted and tested by me first. So, I did taste everything and I cannot honestly raise any complaints against it.
- The pack size. Not too little and neither too big. It was just the perfect size for the snack time.
- The Varities. If you would like to go for just Sultanas, Yes you have your choice available and so do for Raisins and other mixtures.
- The Oaty bar had 5 in the pack. Honestly, little Miss M liked it, but I don’t think it is the case with Miss S. But as you know, Anything healthy has to be pushed in as they grow. I loved it and felt I should stock some for myself to feed me on the days when I am starving during morning school runs.
- Compared to the other Organic brands, as far as I have compared the Asda little angels organic range has less fat, More carbohydrate sugar and less salt.
- The Price. The banana Oaty bars are £1.99 per pack which I feel is very reasonable. And the fruit packs are 89p each which I think could have been a little less priced,May be at the price of 69p.
With Easter holidays coming up, it might be worth checking the aisle for the Asda New little angels Organic range to stock up the snacks.
Disclaimer: I was sent the fruit packs and oaty bar to try and leave a honest review. All the opinions are my own.