Glimmies are one of the toys we love and something that is still admired at Mummy and the Cuties. We have reviewed the Glimmies Fairies before and were very excited to receive another opportunity to review the playsets that comes with the Rainbow range Glimmies. If you haven’t managed to read our previous review and don’t have any clue about Glimmies then here is a little info –
Glimmies™ are the little star fairies sent by the moon to take care of “Glimmieswood” forest animals
We received a Glimmies Glimtree Glimtree playset and a couple of Rainbow Glimmies to play with.
The special note about the Glimmies is ” They glow in the dark and light up the place like a firefly. They are too shy about the light and try to hide in light unless you cover their head/helod cupped in hand (There is a little sensor that turns up the light when the Glimmies head is covered)
The Glimtree is designed beautifully and makes a perfect home for the Glimmies. When the Glimmies are placed in the Glimtree, they glow up and brighten up the space. And when two Glimmies are placed in the Glimtree, it glows up with a rainbow effect which is more beautiful to look at.
There is a small hole in the Glimtree on both floors where the Glimmies fit perfectly.
The best fact about the Glimmies Rainbow Friends is, they light up in the dark and also change colour when they’re placed next to one another! There are 12 Glimmies to collect across the Single Blisters, all representing a forest animal with its own distinctive colour and facial expressions!
There are other sets available with Glimmies Rainbow range, A Gimhouse and a Glimwheel. They all go well together and makes a complete playset to entertain the kids for hours. They attach to each other with the help of a hook to create a lovely fairy scene.
The Single pack is priced at £4.99 and the Glimwheel for £24.99. The Glimhouse is sold at RRp £8.99 and the Glimtree is £34.99.
What we liked about Glimmies:
- A great entertainment for the kids with loads of collectibles and a wide range of playsets.
- The sets are beautifully designed with adorable details including a open/close doors, little steps and other cute features.
- Brighty coloured, it would attract any child and encourage pretend play.
- Very reasonably priced and would make a great Christmas gift while the Single packs can be the wonderful stocking fillers!
What we would have loved to see:
- The Glimmies work with a battery and I feel the battery drains quickly if not switched off 🙁
- The Glimtree, considering the price could have been supplied with two Glimmies. As every set comes with only one, to create the rainbow effect, you need to buy one more :), But that’s the fun and you got to agree with that and get busy collecting them:)
With Christmas just around the corner, it would make a great gift to the kids and they would love collecting all the Glimmies.