Whenever possible, I love to prepare meals from scratch. However, there are days when we are in a rush and I really wished to have options for a quick, healthy meal! Although Fish Fingers and sandwiches are great options, they are never so filling, especially during the tournament days!
And, It is really hard to keep looking for options that are easy and quick to prepare, healthy and at the same time tastier too!
Britmums and Rustlers have set us a challenge to see if you could hack some burger tricks to find a meal that is quicker, easier, healthier and tastier! As my kids love burgers, I thought we should give it a try with the new Rustlers Southern Fried Chicken Burger twin packs.
Rustlers challenged us to see if we could make our favourite burger within minutes!
The burger gets cooked in the microwave for 90 Seconds and then it is just the matter of adding your favourite toppings to make your own delicious, healthy Chicken burger!
I am sure most of my readers would be interested in knowing the ingredients, so here is the information about what is in the pack.
Rustlers Southern Fried Chicken Burger twin packs – Ingredients
Chicken Burger (49%) [Marinated Chicken (Chicken, Water, Acidity Regulator: E325; Potato Starch, Dextrose, Salt, Wheat Flour, Extracts of Rosemary), Coating (Wheat Flour*, Breadcrumb (Wheat), Modified Maize Starch, Salt, Spices and Spice Extract, Lactose (Milk), Skimmed Milk Powder, Garlic Powder, Yeast Extract, Onion Powder, Wheat Starch, Wheat Gluten, Sunflower Oil)], Sesame Seeded Bun [WheatFlour*, Water, Sugar, Sesame Seeds, Yeast, Rapeseeds Oil, Salt, Emulsifier: E472e; Preservative: E282; Antioxidant: E300], Mayonnaise [Rapeseeds Oil, Water, Pasteurised Egg Yolk, Spirit Vinegar, Sugar, Cornflour, Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Flavouring], *Wheat Flour with Calcium Iron, Niacin & Thiamin
- Microwave (From Chilled): 2 Steps to #Flamintasty
- Heat one portion at a time. Remove from packaging. Stick in microwave and heat on full power. Squeeze over the mayo, then enjoy!
- 1. 800w 1 minute 30 seconds
- 2. Leave to stand 30 seconds
- Or for the perfect bun, heat burger on full power, reducing cooking time by 10 seconds & toast bun.
We usually love our burger with Mayo, Ketchup, Lettuce, Peppers and Olives. Mayo was already included in the pack so we chose the others and except for the Microwave part, I have given the rest of the choosing and making process to the kids!
Here is a video of how they enjoyed making their own burgers and what they think about the taste!
It was super easy to make and considering my eldest is old enough to handle the microwave, it could be a chance for me to had a bit of lie in on a Sunday morning while they could have something different from a Porridge and bread toast!
Now, I have something else to take to the activities after school which can be filling and healthy too! Glad I got one more option to add to the quick meals list.
Since we haven’t tried this before, I have purchased only one pack and honestly, I regretted for doing so, as the kids absolutely loved it and finished the whole burger in seconds. I am sure it was less sufficient for DD1 but DD2 was happy with what she had! DD1 even mentioned about how she ate the burger with all the veggies intact, which doesn’t usually do in a burger shop!
What we loved about the Rustlers Burger
- It was definitely quicker to prepare and the burger was ready in less than 3 minutes, all done by kids themselves
- It is promised to be the fresh chicken so, based on trust, I have a peace of mind that I am feeding something healthy to my kids even when I am busy or lazy, whatever!
- There are more options available in the range and considering my children loved this taste, I am more happy to try the other options.
- This comes in a pack of two so there is no wastage and there is no worry that the rest of the burgers in the pack would dry or waste!
- One burger is more than filling for younger children while the older ones might need two!
- its just not a meal to have when you are in a rush but can also be a relaxing, weekend dinner!
How did we hack the burger
Well, honestly, no serious hacking but our usual toppings and sauces went very well with the burger and one happy mum who could see their children enjoying their meal and emptying the plate!
Thanks for stopping by and Take care…
Until next post….
This post is part of the BritMums #MyRustlers Burger Meal Challenge, sponsored by Rustlers.