I have one hyperactive toddler at home who is always busy doing something and loves being on the move. Like every other toddler, she got attracted to scooters recently and wanted nothing to do with her little bike and trike. She is short for her age and I was afraid she wouldn’t be able to manage the scooter on her own. I was delaying the decision to buy one for her. School runs became very hectic with me trying to pull her off parked scooters and it was hard to see her crying every time.
I was looking out for ideas on the proper scooter for her A lower handled scooter than the usual ones we see everyday. Just in time, I heard from Y-Volution, asking if I would be interested in reviewing their Y-Glider 3-in 1 that is recommended to use for children from from age 1. Honestly, I had never seen a similar scooter anywhere and happily accepted the offer and couldn’t wait to try it. We were pleased to receive a green one as Miss S has a pink scooter and wanted her sister to have a different colour.
The moment the scooter arrived, it took no time to take it out of the box and set up. Dad usually assembles everything, but this time they couldn’t even wait for me to take pictures. It was ready in a couple of minutes for a great ride.
It’s suitable for kids aged 1 and over and adapts with the child as they grow by being a 3 stage scooter. The Y-Glider 3-in1 can be a ride-on with the removable seat, an early stage scooter with the low handlebar and a normal height scooter as they grow a little bigger.
Our first impressions on the scooter:
- It is very sturdy and on the whole, very well made. It has everything you would look for in a scooter and gives you more confidence that your little one will be safe on her ride. That’s peace of mind any parent would look for in such products.
Impressive features of Y-Glider 3 in 1:
- Has a wide rubber base for extra space and has an adequate grip for the little ones to be comfortable.
- The wheels are bigger in size for extra balance.
- The Seat is adjustable to 3 positions and hence definitely proves the purpose that it can be used from age 1.
- The handlebar bar at its lowest height is just so perfect for little hands and well cushioned with rubber material. It looks very cute overall.
Product specifications as given by the manufacturer:
- Ride-on toy from age 1+.
- Early stage three wheeled scooters with wide deck to support both feet.
- Improves motor skills, balance and co-ordination.
- Safety grip deck with built in suspension design.
- Chunky back wheels for super grip and stability.
- Lightweight removable aluminium handlebar for easy storage.
- 3 puncture proof wheels.
- Folds easily for storage.
- Anti-slip printed footplate.
- Easy grip handles.
- Adjustable handlebar height range: 62.2-70.5cm.
- Rear footbrake.
- Maximum loading weight: 44lbs [20kg]
- Product weight: 7lbs [3.2kgs]
- Product dimensions (L x H x W): 56 x 70 x 26 cm
- Seat height: 27cm
There are no words to describe how happy little Miss M is and how much she loves her scooter. Though we have showers in the summer, luckily on most days the weather is wonderful and I love taking her out in her scooter. Even though I have to spare much extra time for the school run, there is nothing so satisfying as seeing a smile on your little ones face. We tried it on the first stage with the seat at the top slot. She loves watching TV by sitting on her “Kooker”- That’s how she calls it now. She doesn’t even allow her sister to try it… denying the request with a big word “No!… Mine”
It took time to learn the tricks of being comfortable on the scooter and steering, but practise makes you better. She definitely had those initial oo.. Ooh… Ah.. Ah… moments, little accidents, tried parking the scooter in the middle of the road.. but eventually she has now mastered it 🙂 and I am one happy Mum.
The Y Glider 3 in 1 is built with ’lean to steer’ technology, which I discovered while trying to help Miss M. All you need is a slight lean to the side in the direction you want to turn and off you go with the smoothest turning wheel.
As the Y Glider grows with her, it is definitely going to be more comfortable for Miss M when she starts using the scooter in the next stage. We haven’t removed the seat to try the early scooter stage yet, as I feel I need to leave it for few more months, and hopefully Miss M will continue to enjoy it as much as she does now.
Y-Volution has a wide range of innovative products to suit kids of all ages. To browse their range of products, have a look at http://yvolution.com/
Y-Glider 3 in 1 is sold at an average price of £50. Though it seems a bit pricier than the usual scooters on the market, it is definitely not one of those usual ones, but has a lot more to give to your 1 year old infant and your growing toddler. You are guaranteed great satisfaction that you made the right purchase for your child. Peace of mind that she/he is safe on their scooter.
You can find Y-Volution on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yvolution.world
Follow Y-Volution on Twitter at https://twitter.com/YvolutionWorld
Disclaimer: I was sent this scooter for an honest review. All opinions are my own.