Are you a photo Addict? Love taking pictures and getting frustrated when you end up with the dead smartphone with no charge in it? Well… you are just like me …. then.
Being Mum and a blogger, I take a lot of pictures. I don’t like missing those precious moments, so it is easy for me to take pictures in my Smartphone rather than wasting time looking for my Camera. I love my iPhone 4S, however, unfortunately it is not good enough to hold it’s charge and drains it’s battery too quickly that most days I end up having a dead phone.
As I was looking for a backup charger, I was very happy when Power Theory approached me asking if I would like to try one their Portable Ultraslim Power Banks. I couldn’t wait to receive the Power Theory Ultra Slim 10000mAh Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank Pack and it wasn’t a long wait. The Power Bank was delivered quickly and was well packaged.
What’s in the Box:
- 1 * Power Theory PT10000 Power Bank (10000mAh)
- 1 * 3 in 1 USB Cable compatible with iPhone 4s, iPhone 5 and above, A standard USB port
- 1 * USB Charging Cable to charge the Power Bank – White
- 1 * User Guide
The Best Features that we loved:
- Ultraslim – It is definitely slim and weightless. There are days I have been tweeting with my iPhone connected to the Powerbank, having both in hand and hardly felt the weight.
- Stylish – Comes in a slightly stoned black colour and just the right size.
- Efficiency: When fully charged, it can happily charge my iPhone 4S, Hubby’s Google Nexus and the Kid’s Kindle Fire twice.
- Enough Ports – There are 2 USB ports to charge two devices simultaneously.
- ON/OFF button – When you don’t use it, you just switch it off and the power is preserved.
- Automatic Sleep: When the power bank is not charging any devices, it goes to sleep; saving power to use when you need it.
- Perfectly working Charging cables: When I replaced my iPhone 4S charging cables, I always had trouble fitting them in the charging port. With the Power Bank cables, I didn’t have any issues.
- Amazing Lifetime Customer Support – Read the User Guide till the end (It is really Small 🙂 ) and you are in for a surprise.
There is no over heating fear here! Even if the Power Bank is on for the whole day (Which I do on most days), I have never sensed it being under the risk of over heating. The Charging indicator is a nice touch to the Power Bank as it gives you an idea of how much charge is left over in the Power bank. It also has an indication if the Power bank is currently being charged.
The one thing, you should always remember is……..!!!!!…. If the Power Bank was idle and goes onto standby mode, when you connect the devices, remember to switch it on It took a few days for me to get used to it as I was initially treating it like an USB charger that will just kick off as soon as the device is plugged in for Charging.
The improvement we would love to see:
- The cables could have been slightly longer, however considering the fact that sometimes I use the phone while it is connected to the PowerBank, I am OK with it. So there could be an option for long or short cables.
- With the Black PowerBank, Black cables would have been more attractive! All my Gadgets are black and I would love to have bcables instead of white one.
- You need to remember to switch the PowerBank on when connecting the devices to charge. Could it be automated that the device wakes up when it detects a device being connected?
If you would like to have an ever active SmartPhone and never want to see it running out of charge, Power Theory PowerBank is something you should consider. It will be your best Companion at worst possible times to have a dead phone: Traveling, Outdoors, At a party, At a meeting Or having car trouble.
Points to note:
- The cable can not be used as a data cable, can only be used for charging.
- If you have a case for your iPhone6, I found that iPhone6 Charging cable can not be used as the white part s slightly bigger than the Standard iPhone 6 cable that you receive with your iPhone6. May be it is based on the Case you use. I am using an Thule Atmos iPhone 6 Case.
Other than these two points, we give PowerTheory PowerBank a Double thumbs up – We LOVE IT. Power Theory Power bank can be purchased from Amazon – Visit the link here and is priced around £23.99 which I feel is a very reasonable price for such a great device.