nPower had asked parents to share their super powers and inviting everyone to join the campaign – ‘npower Parenting Super Powers’. We have joined a group of Mumsnet bloggers to discuss our Parenting Super Powers and welcoming everyone to join the campaign and reveal their family super powers.
As a mum, I feel…. Being a mum itself is a great super power I have.
The moment you confirm the news that you are pregnant, you are not only getting ready to welcome your new baby to the world but preparing yourself to a huge list of super powers that you should have, to become a “not so-called super!” but atleast to be a loveable parent!
So… here are the super powers I feel I have as a parent!
Responsibility – You life transforms from being a reckless, carefree woman/man to a super duper, highly challenging phase called “Parent!” You become hugely responsible to an adorable gift of your life and lifetime! Starting from making sure that the little one does dirty the nappy, you become sensible and careful watching everything the little one should and shouldn’t do! And believe me, this “responsibilty” is endless!
A multitalented Artist!: – Have you ever imagined that you would, one day, be a great artist and dancer! You become a shy free, shameless multitalented artist and will do anything that makes your little one happy, smile and laugh that even your neighbour knocks your door to appreciate your dancing skills the day when you forget to close the curtains and dance to the wii dance)
A craziest comedian: Remember that day when you opened the door to receive the post and closed the door wondering about the funniest look the postman gave until you gave a final look in the mirror before leaving for nursery pickup!? Glad you didn’t end up in the nursery with the face that is painted all over by a toddler!
The above are just a few to name! The moment you become a parent you become extremely tolerant and become a master in calming down a hyperactive toddler with
- The moment you become a parent you become extremely tolerant and become a master in calming down a hyperactive toddler with extreme tantrum!
- Those disgusting poo smell never bothers you anymore and you are ready for a call out at any time, especially expecting one during your mealtime!
- The lost and found things become very usual and you show almost no reaction even if your very expensive smartphone is lost! – Well…. there are days you even have to check the toilet if it is drowned there!
- You become an expert who can cook or do any job in one hand with a wriggling baby/toddler in another hand
- Any pain (that comes to you, the child is not in picture here) that hits you feels nothing when compared to the labour pain and you learn to carry on with shopping even when you have to walk with a stick after a fracture!
- You become a great singer, dancer, comedian, artist and sometimes even be a lonely talker until you realise that you are on the way back home after the morning school run!
Parenting is beautiful, challenging, enjoyable but at the same time, I agree, it is extermely tiring and sometimes irritating! – May even let you think of running away to a lonely planet! Despite all, you will learn to stick around your family and children and give everything you can to them! AND…. THAT’S the PARENTING SUPER POWER!
Do you believe in super powers!? Do you think you have a few!? If you think you are a super parent, We would love to see your family super powers and you can share them on social media using the hashtag #familysuperpowers and tag @npowerhq.
Check out Peter and Emily Andre’s super powers in the video below:
We would love you to share your super powers too. And, now you’ve heard all about my Parenting Super Powers, check out the nation’s other super powered parents and families at www.familysuperpowers.com.”
I am a member of the Mumsnet Bloggers Panel, a group of parent bloggers who have volunteered to review products, services, events and brands for Mumsnet. I have not paid for the product or to attend an event. I have editorial control and retain full editorial integrity. I have received a voucher as a token of thanks for this post.