Parties – Though they are too tiring for mums (and dads), I agree, parties are so much fun (definitely for the kids). But there is so much to be done as you plan – the hall, food, party activities, return gifts etc, etc. And obviously, anyone would love to bring the cost down and there is no Party entertainer who charges less than 125£ to engage the kids during the party time.
Party kits are ideal solutions to bring your cost down and keep the kids entertained. The lovely, creative, innovators from Interplay, you can less one job from the party arrangements. You must have read the reviews about Pirate Party Kit and Treasure party kit.
We got luckier to review the Interplay Pony Party kit – Mad about Ponies Party. Each contains everything you need for an easy and fun activity that lasts for about 1½ hours to entertain about 6 children. It’s great for both play dates and parties.
- 6 Resin-cast ponies
- Double sided foam sticky tabs
- Pots of paint (5 colours)
- Pre-printed card jumps
- Paint brushes
- Score sheets
- Pre-printed card rosettes
- Instructions for supervising adult
There are 15 pots of paint – 3 black colours, 3 white, 3 (kind of) red, 3 Grey and 3 peach… enough to paint the 6 horses and there is plenty left still. The pots can be easily shared with no “that’s mine” talks. The instruction sheet has the images of different breeds of horses and provide a template and guidance to the pattern. We had Pinky’s friend over for a play day and they had so much fun.
The fun doesn’t stop with just painting the horses…. There are instructions for games. There is a suggestion to choose the best painted horse, but to be fair, We voted “the Best” for all the horses … No more tensions! The paint dries quickly so no more fuss and mess.
After painting, the fun continues with games. There are different games to play for hours and you can award rosettes to the best jumping horse. Handle the Card jumps carefully as they can be easily tore – You can see the best thing done by the little monkey in one of the pictures below.
Show Jumping decides whose pony is the best show jumper. To jump a fence you have to throw the dice, penalty points are deducted depending on the dice score each time the fence is jumped. The winner is the one with the least penalty points, if a draw the ponies will have to compete in another round.
Pony Race 1 is to see who has the fastest pony in a race over the jumps. The player rolls the dice and if it lands on 4, 5 or 6 the players pony can jump over a fence, if the dice lands on 1,2 or 3 the players pony doesn’t move. The winner will be the first pony to jump the last fence. – To extend the play time, we made a small modification to one of the games that odd number, the horse goes back one place and moves forward for even numbers. The Kids had so much fun jumping back and forth and trust me, few games went on forever (without boring the kids).
Pony Race 2 is a variation of Pony Race 1. This time players give each pony a different number from 1 to 6. Each player takes their turn to throw the dice. The pony corresponding to the number jumps a fence. The winner is the first pony to jump the last fence.
Mad About Ponies Party is aimed at children aged 5+. We let dinky to paint her own horse under my supervision and if you see any horse with beautifully painted, then it is hers. You can buy Mad About Ponies Party from Interplay UK at an average price of £19.99. I feel it is a great value, it keeps children entertained for a couple of hours and the children get something to take home – So all happy faces and it gets a double thumbs up from Mummy and the Cuties.
A disclaimer: We were sent a Mad about Ponies Craft party kit from Interplay for our honest opinion. All the views expressed in the review are the results of our personal experience.
- 56We were lucky to review a few of the Interplay party kits in the past, including Pirate Party Kit , Treasure party kit and Interplay Pony Party kit – Mad about Ponies Party. And there was another chance to review Interplay Fairy Princess party kit. Most of the Party kits at interplay are…
- 47Have you read about my Kids birthday party and the fun we had with the Interplay Pirate party kit yet!? If not, Please read https://www.mummyandthecuties.com/?p=1748. So, the Craft party was brought up to the full speed by the Interplay Treasure Box Party kit And the Interplay Treasure Box Party kit…
- 34We are never bored with spending time on Arts and Crafts. I feel it is a great way of making the children to concentrate on something and achieve some fruitful time. So, When I was asked if we would be interested in reviewing the Festival Jewellery set from Interplay, I…
- Review: Birthday Party?! Bored of searching for the Party entertainer?! Try the Interplay Party Kits.34Two things I am always frightened of - Term holidays and Kids Birthday parties. Both of them involve keeping the kids engaged for hours and if they are hyperactive like Miss M, then you are for sure up for toasting. Both my Children are spring born and just on the…