Watch – one of the precious little things we all fancied to own in our childhood. Regardless of whether you can tell the time or not, Watch is something that would make you feel proud in your friend’s circle. So many days, I remembered wearing a watch that never did a “ticktock” just for the sake of having something beautiful. 🙂
Like Mommy, like daughter. Miss S is a big fan of watches and I never managed to keep a count of how many we have got for her. But most times, the watch becomes useless because of the poor strap giving up after some time and though the watch face is good we just have to let it go! 🙁
Me and Miss S was given a surprise few weeks before with an opportunity to review the Cool Create Swap watch from Flair Plc. Miss S couldn’t wait to receive her very own Watch Set.
- 1x Watch Face
- 5x Watch Face Trims
- 5x Watch Surrounds
- 5x Watch Straps
- 3x Coloured Cord
- 1x Elasticated Cord,
- 9x Square Beads
- 13x Tube Beads – We were lucky to have 20 of these 🙂
- 26x Round Beads – We were lucky to have 30 🙂
- 8x Connector Pieces (I feel there should have been two more as there are 5 Surrounds. (Yet to judge it though)
- 1x Instruction Sheet.
- 1x LR66 (AG4) 1.5V Battery (This is included in the Watch Face)
We started off with the Purple Surround and decided to have the Beads on it. To Push the Connector, the child might need an adult’s help. I was a bit frightened that I might break it as I found it slightly hard and the connector piece slightly delicate. But it was only one of the connectors that had the issue and every other connector seemed fine.
I need to help her to start with the beading and after carefully beading comes the Knotting part. I need to admit, I did let the Knot go off twice and she had to start the beading again. But she was more interested in getting it done that telling me off, So it went on well.
We have also tried one with the thread and it helped her to learn how to do Plots. Till date, I was under the assumption that she could do the plots, but only when we start doing the plots, I realized she was still in need of help. She was happy to learn something new and got there quickly.
- Obviously the Swapping concept. It definitely gives the watch a long life with interchangeable straps.
- There are enough of beads and the elastic cord to make different patterns.
- There is a little more coloured thread to use for a different design later if you wish to.
What Could have been improved:
- The instruction manual is black and white. When it comes to the Childrens stuff, Anything colourful tends to increase their interest and I feel it should have been printed in colour especially as it is a craft item.
- There were only 8 Connectors supplied. There could have been few spares if something breaks unfortunately as it mainly involves little hands working with them.
- The strap has been just the right size for Miss S:, May be she has a fatty hand.
Disclaimer: I have received this product free of charge for a honest review and all the opinions are my own.