After Christmas, it’s been very sluggish here. While the lovely holiday mood is still hanging around, We are trying to get back to normal and trying to have healthy meal at home which is one our New Year resolutions.
Christmas busy times are now taken over by Normal School (busy) days and quick meals are most wanted. McCain Back to Normality project has inspired us to cook quick, healthy meals from scratch with some lovely recipes. We loved the and tried it at home.
We love McCain and trust the brand and there is always something in the freezer to enjoy. French fries and smileys are our favorite and usually accompanies us during movie time over weekend.
Here is a little video of how we cooked Garlic, Lemon Chicken and enjoyed it with McCain Smiles.
And, why don’t you try yourself. Here is the Recipe Card
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breast
- 4 Gloves Garlic, Peeled and Crushed
- 1 lemon - Extract the juice
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 500g McCain Smiles
- Salad of your choice
- Preheat oven to 220deg C fan.
- MIx all the ingredients (except McCain Smiles 🙂 ) with Chicken and leave it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Lay the McCain Smiles in the baking tray and cook for 17 - 20 Minutes
- In the mean time, get the marinated chicken ready in the oven tray.
- When the Smiles are cooked for 5 minutes, pop the chicken in the oven
- Turn the Smiles both sides and cook until golden brown.
- Remove the Smiles and cook the chicken until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the chicken once cooked
- Serve hot with Smiles and choice of Salad
- *Salt is optional
- * I have added 1/4 tsp turmeric and 1/4 tsp Chilli powder
- *If the chicken is too dry while cooking, brush with some olive oil.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Mumsnet Bloggers Network Research Panel, a group of parent bloggers who have volunteered to review products, services, events and brands for Mumsnet. I have not paid for the product or to attend an event. I have editorial control and retain full editorial integrity. I have received a voucher as a token of thanks for this post.