Recently, We had a chance to review a few of the feeding and mealtime products from the OXO tot range. The kind people at OXO didn’t leave the hard working mum alone. They sent a few products for me to review from Good Grips range.
I received a LiquiSeal™ Travel Mug and a Silicone Basting Brush to review. The LiquiSeal™ Travel Mug is very stylish and definitely modern. It is different from those usual flip top and twist top Mugs. All it needs is one click. This mug is just a perfect gift for me for two main reasons and all the mums out there would definitely agree with me for sure.
- DD2 gets bored staying at home playing inside just by herself and on top of it, the house becomes a mess in no time leaving me to tidy up for hours. So Parent/toddler groups are just heavenly place for me. And most days, though I have no time to make tea or if I have time to make, I have no time to sip it relaxed. So, Most of my morning tea time is on the run and I need a travel mug.
- With DD2 always hanging on to me, I am just left with one hand to do anything (It is an art that only Mum’s can do perfectly, Sorry Dads!). The One click OXO Good Grips LiquiSeal is just what I was looking for.
The Unique features of OXO Good Grips LiquiSeal travel mug are:
- Three silicone seals lock in liquids for no spills
- One-handed, one click activation.
- Double wall plastic construction improves thermal retention
- The polycarbonate outer cup is shatter resistant
- No-drip drinking spout is contoured for comfort
- Fits most cup holders
- Soft, non-slip grip
- 400ml capacity
- Inner cup and lid are BPA free
It is available in 3 colours Lime, Magenta and Teal.
This mug is “Hand wash only” and this is the only uncomfortable factor for me. But I need to go with the fact that most of the thermo seals are not dishwasher safe. And moreover, I run the dishwasher only once a day. For a mum who is mostly out and about and needs the Travel mug to be ready for the show all the time, I liked the fact that forced me to hand wash.
The next one is the Silicone Basting Brush and is something that is very handy in the kitchen. We do quite a few baking and Kids are huge fans pancake and Dosa! (Do you love Dosa?!). This brush was severely and seriously load tested as it claims to withstand heat of about 315°C which I feel is terrific! Though I am not sure whether I have tested it at 315°C, I can guarantee it is heat resistant to atleast 150°C as I have used it to apply butter on the super hot dosa pan and also on the hot yummy pancakes.
And it is odour resistant and dishwasher safe. The bristles came out just how as they were before from the dishwasher and I could see no traces of butter and they were neither smelly. The outer bristles are big enough and the whole brush is designed to hold the oil/butter in. There were no drips and my table top was clean with less oil traces. The handle is curved and is easy to hold.
Features of the Silicone Basting Brush:
- Gaps in center bristles hold liquids for easy transport and spreading
- Tapered outer bristles glide gently over pastries
- Heat resistant to 315°C/600°F
- Angled head keeps bristles off the countertop
- Bristles will not scorch when greasing a hot pan
- Bristles never clump or frizz
- Easy to clean and odour resistant
- Soft, comfortable grip
- Dishwasher safe
The LiquiSeal™ Travel Mug is priced at and the Silicone Basting Brush is priced at £7.
To find out more about OXO and to view their range of products Click here for their Web site