Magic dip design art centre – A simple, easy and definitely an exciting way to carry on colouring! More than the kids, I think I was super excited when I received a mail asking if we would be happy to try the “Magic Dip Design Art Centre” from Character Options.
The Design Art Centre comes with everything you need to get started including 5 colour paints, a large and a small bowl, Glossy spray. glitter, Stirrer, tweezers and a glove.
It also has a few charms, a photo frame, hairband, a bangle, gem stickers and a few Greeting cards to start colouring.
I have no clue why there was only one glove as both my children are very messy kids and I found it hard to secure the other hand while they work with one! I finally had to get some spare gloves for them to use. And after one use, the glove does get very messy and you may have to change it!
The procedure looks simple however, we messed up the butterfly in our first attempt. The water needs to be at room temperature to keep the colours together and even for a slightest cold water, the colours do dry really fast! So, make sure you start with smaller items and less preferred ones to avoid any disappointment.
The Magic dip studio has good provisions to keep all your colours and glitters in one place and leaves you with a tidy work station.
Tips to get perfect colouring:
- Make sure that the water is in room temperature to avoid ending up with dried colours too soon!
- Be sure to be quick enough to finish the process as the colours do dry really fast. It needs practise and patience to get the result you wanted.
- The colours are quite messy, so apron and gloves and newspapers on the table or the work area would save you a lot of time cleaning.
- Don’t try to use too many colours (although it would be nicer) as it takes times and may dry up the paints that are first added 🙁
Here is our messed up flower 🙁
Here is the one we loved. We are yet to make the bracelets and other items but the kids have been too busy and so the mum.
Here is a video demonstration of how to get the perfect dipping with Magic dip design art studio.
The Magic dip design art centre retails at £29.99 and is aimed at girls aged 8+. I don’t recommend it for smaller kids as it is a bit messy and you may end up giving them a good shower.
- 45Watch - one of the precious little things we all fancied to own in our childhood. Regardless of whether you can tell the time or not, Watch is something that would make you feel proud in your friend's circle. So many days, I remembered wearing a watch that never did…