Kindle Fire HDX – the most loved gadget at home and is always on demand. We use it for everything from games to news, homework to artwork and sometimes to draft my posts. It comes everywhere with us and stays with us throughout the day.
Considering it’s safety, We do have a personalized case, but I wanted to have something plain and nice and when there was an offer from Casehappy to review their Kindle Sleeve, I was more than happy to try one of their premium cases. I have opted for the Hot Pink colour to be slightly different from the traditional Black and brown.
The case comes with the screen protector and the stylus which is very handy although honestly, I have spoilt the Screen protector while applying it – Made a big while trying to remove the dust which is just about the size of the tip of the needle! .. So, don’t risk it if you are not confident about applying the screen protector yourself, seek some help.
The Case fits well and keeps the Kindle in place securely. It is very light weight so doesn’t add much weight to the kindle sleeve while you are holding it. The colour is really bright and makes it attractive. The slots are carefully made so all the buttons can be accessed easily.
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Premium Case Cover Features:
- Thin and Lightweight Case
- Ergonomic design with easy access to all buttons and ports on your new Kindle Fire HDX tablet
- Velcro Strap to keep the Kindle Fire HDX well secured inside the case
- Case with 2 position stand: Horizontal and Vertical Position stand – perfect for typing. Also can be folded back for comfortable interacting with your Kindle Fire HDX
- Protects Kindle Fire HDX against dust, drops and scratches
- Elastic Stylus holder
- Made of synthetic leather with microfiber lining
The case is now being used for nearly a month and was under a lot of pressure from the little hands- You can see from the pictures above … But it is still good and stays healthy and sturdy. There are no damages on the bends and it still looks great. It is also easy to remove the case from the kindle without applying any force. The Stylus is well made and sits comfortably in the provision given.
Few more pictures of the happy kid.
Few points we have noted on the sleeve we currently use..
- There is a very tiny little more space in the sleeve, so the Kindle slides up and down (a tiny bit) and this causes the Volume Down button getting (half) hidden in the sleeve. I have noticed it quite a few times and I need to push the Kindle slightly up to access the Volume down button with ease. I am not sure if this is with all the cases or just the one I am using.
- There is a magnet on the side of the sleeve to hold the lid when closed. This sometimes becomes very obvious that the tiny hands are tempted to scratch it and play with it and I am afraid if it would damage the sleeve. If there is a way to make this magnet more slim, it would be great.
- In the front, on the top and bottom, there is a slight gap (a 1p coin width size) as you can see from the pictures. This gives space for the dusts to settle.
These cases are sold at the price of £19.99 approximately and I honestly feel it is a great price when you are looking for an economical still a stylish protective sleeve for your kindle. It definitely does the job well, although there are a few down points (again, I am not sure if it is only with the sleeve we received).
There are designed cases also available if you fancy buying a rather colorful case for your kindle. Refer Lente Designs® Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Canvas Cover Case for more designs.
A disclaimer: I was sent a Kindle Fire HDX premium case for a honest review. All the opinions in this post are my own experiences with the Kindle sleeve.