Craft time is the best time at Mummy and the Cuties, both for mom and the Kids. I am always on the hunt to find the best Art and Craft items for the kids that can engage and entertain them for a few hours without much interference from me.
I don’t mind them making a mess as far as the mess stays in the given space and keeps them away from watching TV and playing games on the iPad. When it is a mess free craft, there is never a No from me.
We were recently sent a Craft Time Mosaics ‘My Pretty Jewellery Box’ by Brainstorm Limited. Once finished, the jewellery box measures about 21 x 15 x 12 cm.
The kit comes with more than 1400 sparkly self-adhesive foam tiles of different colour. The children can just Peel, stick, create their own pretty jewellery box. The box is colour coded to match the tile colour and it is very simple and easy to fix them all to the box – It takes nearly an hour to finish this and definitely worth the price.
What we liked about Craft time Mosaics My Pretty Jewellery Box
- Plenty of tiles to work with and you are left with enough spares even when a few goes wrong.
- No mess, no fuss – Just peel and stick and the colour coded box is a great idea to help the kids decorate the box on their own.
- Needs a lot of patience to get a beautiful end result – will build fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Packaging and instructions are multi-lingual including English, French, German, Spanish and Italian – Ideal for a gift.
The children loved decorating it, but as it takes a long time they didn’t finish it in one sitting! After half an hour, although they weren’t bored, they couldn’t concentrate and wanted to have a break. However the break didn’t go longer as their curiosity to find the end result took over the tiredness.
How we progressed and the end result
The foam tiles stick really well and stays on! I was slightly worrying about having a messy floor afterwards but it is been more than a month since we finished it. None of them fell off and it is still going stronger and looks more prettier and busier too!
There are plenty of tiles left so even if a few falls off, you have a back up to keep the jewellery box pretty.
The kit is available to buy from at £12.99 and can be purchased on Amazon.
We received the Craft Time Mosaics ‘My Pretty Jewellery Box’ for the purpose of this review. All opinions are our own.
- 32We are never bored with spending time on Arts and Crafts. I feel it is a great way of making the children to concentrate on something and achieve some fruitful time. So, When I was asked if we would be interested in reviewing the Festival Jewellery set from Interplay, I…