One fine day, we waved goodbye to our old washing machine. It was washing, rinsing and spinning but it didn’t expect that it would be serving a four-member family one day and there would be unimaginable stains and dirts to deal with! And most importantly, it had no clue about the ever rising electricity bill and environment pollution!!!!
Knowing that I wouldn’t send it away unless it breaks into pieces, it did a magic to rescue itself!!!!. I was chosen to test the new AEG L89499FL washing machine that comes with OKOMix technology and a huge 9kg drum!!!
First impressions on AEG L89499FL washing machine:
- A very stylish machine – Comes in a white and stainless steel finish, AEG L89499FL stylish enough to tempt you to wash every day even if there is half load! (well, ok… atleast for the first few days until someone points out that you are overdoing!)
- A huge drum – You may have to find a huge laundry basket to avoid overflow!!!
- The first glance comforts you that it has all the functions you would expect to have!
- A standard size – I was much worried about the size of the machine when I heard it has a 9kg drum! But, look… it fitted well in the space where our old wachine machine was that had a 7kg drum!
- Adequate functions to meet your daily needs including wool, delicates and quick wash! The Anticrease and refresh are just perfect for daily wears like school uniforms!
- A decent size display with clear information about the selected cycle and remaining cycle time.
- A super silent function – The machine is already super quiet during the cycle and think about super silent then!
First impressions aside, this washing machine has other attractive features that would make you quite happy about your decision of buying it!
See that 9kg drum!? And rememeber, I mentioned about half load!!!! AEG L89499FL comes with the OptiSense technologythat weighs the washing load and calculates the amount of water, detergent and time to perform a good, clean, energy efficient wash!
And… that’s an A+++ rated machine! ( We got a new smart meter installed and I would be calculating how much we spend on a 95deg cotton wash! )
Features supported by AEG L89499FL washing machine:
AEG L89499FL has around 16 functions and my favourite is the Refresh and Anticrease functions. The refresh function has a cycle time of around 16 minutes and quickly refreshes the clothes, perfect for the uniforms! They don’t come out completely dry but thoroughly drained for a quick dry. The Anticrease is perfect for those who hate ironing and you are going to love it when you try it!
The detergent dispenser comes with four different sections: for softener, stain remover, prewash and main wash. The main wash section comes with a flip that can be adjusted to different positions for liquid and powder detergent.
AEG L89499FL has been awarded the Woolmark Green certificate for its exceptionally gentle care of woollen and cashmere garments. There is a visible difference when I took the jumpers out, they never felt like they had been washed in a machine but felt so gentle and the fabric just intact.
Overall, I love AEG L89499FL. There are more functions to explore and I am yet to try the extra silent and delicates, outdoor and duvet but I am sure it won’t let me down. Watch this space for more updates.
AEG have made four introductory videos which explain the features on the machine. Don’t forget to watch them to get the most out of the machine.
Are you happy with your washing machine? Is there anything you would love to have on your washing machine that would make life easier?
We would love to hear from you and please leave your comments.
Thanks for stopping by, e-meet you in the next post…
Mummy and the Cuties
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Mumsnet Bloggers Network Research Panel, a group of parent bloggers who have volunteered to review products, services, events and brands for Mumsnet. I have not paid for the product or to attend an event. I have editorial control and retain full editorial integrity.