Dust and Hair – the things I hate most as it keeps me busy and restless with sick children and annoyed hubby who has suddenly created an allergy to dust. And at one stage, I turned really sick of finding hair everywhere and most times on food. I don’t really blame only me, There are two other little Cuties at home with attractively long hair and they contribute to my sickness 🙂
And one day, there came a rescue through Netmums Dyson Panel. We were one of the 20 Netmums to be chosen to review Dyson DC39 Animal Vacuum and the day I received the E-ail from Netmums, I was screaming out loud out of excitement and happiness that I finally I might enjoy a hair free and dust free home that I dreamt of so many days.
I was more attracted and was so much looking forward to it mainly because this deadly Animal promises to be , We have the hard wood floor in the living room, Matching tiles in the Kitchen (that is open to the living room), Laminated floor in Hallway, Well cushioned thick carpet on the staircase and moderately cushioned light hard floor Caret in bed Rooms. So I was obviously looking for a Vacuum that would fit it for all and still wouldn’t cause any damage to the floors and carpets.
Before reading our thoughts on DC39, have a sneak peak at the Dyson Animal DC39 Vacuum in Action
What comes in the Box for a perfect hair and dust free home
The challenges we had from Dyson:
1. Ball challenge: can you manoeuvre around furniture easily with the Dyson DC39?
2. Floor type challenge: can you adjust the Triggerhead tool, when moving onto different floor types without bending down?
3. Hair challenge: can you pick up hair with the Tangle-free Turbine tool?
How did you find the Tangle Free Turbine Tool for pick up in hairy hotspots in your home such as bedrooms and stairs?
Yes, that’s the one of the main reasons I wanted to be a part of Dyson panel. Having a daughter who lives under the dream that her hair will grow just as or may be even longer than tangled, there is always hair flying everywhere at home and though I have short hair I have to admit, I have a bad hair fall. And hubby definitely has a contribution to it. Luckily the little one is still not into that stage yet.
With the Tangle Free Turbine Tool, We could achieve a sparkling clean both downstairs and upstairs with no extra job of removing the hair that wrapped around the vacuum heads and hence reducing the suction power. The anticlockwise spinning wheels on the Turbine tool rip apart the hair and swallow them inside so the head looks dustier than hairier . The dust and all the dirt was effectively sucked in leaving a cleaner floor.
Don’t be frightened of the picture below. It’s honestly the Sweet home that was vacuumed every alternate day but Dyson Super Hero rescued us from the hidden dust.
How did the vacuum pick up for dust and dirt compare to previous vacuum cleaners you have used?
Brilliant, it is just brilliant suction power. It couldn’t have been better than this. We have 4 different flooring around our home – wooden floored living room, Laminated hallway, tiled kitchen and carpeted Stairs and bedroom (with different thickness). Everything was cleaned excellently brilliant. Although we tend to pick up more hair from our carpets, there is definitely much to notice downstairs as well. As I initially used Triggerhead tool for the wooden floor and the tiles, it could see hair piled up around the brush but could see none on the Tangle Free Turbine Tool after using it on the carpet. So it is magnificent. Being a vacuum expert and most of the times, being the one who vacuums, Hubby was very impressed with its performance. Our previous vacuum – though manage to suck the dirt, it throws out quite a lot that we need to vacuum the same area multiple times to get a cleaner/fresh look. I used the dust brush attachment for the sofa, blinds, corners and the skirting board and did manage to get a perfect clean. So, Even this little attachment is very attractive.
How easy was the vacuum cleaner to manoeuvre around your home and across different floor types?
Dyson DC39 will never hurt your hands. It is very easy to move around, Hubby was the one tried first, but then I couldn’t stop me getting involved and eventually the vacuum was in my hand finally for a long time to manoeuvre around different floors as I am the one (although don’t involve in Vacuuming) complaints about the cleanliness after every vacuum. I never felt the pain of pushing and pulling the vacuum and getting it around the Sofa/beds, it was moving smoothly on all the floors with no hassle. This was definitely not this easy with our old vacuum. It is worth the price.
So What we liked about Dyson DC39
- It has all the necessary attachments and clear pictures to demonstrate.
- The Sci-fi look of the Vacuum was more attractive that even my daughter was showing interest in trying out the vacuum –she is usually a hater of the vacuum though she plays the main role in messing up.
- The length of the wire was very sufficient that I don’t have to change the plug points often to accommodate myself moving around different parts of home – (Although Hubby claimed it seemed a bit shorted than our previous Vacuum)
- Storage -> My old vacuum has no storage facility for the attachments and was happy to see a provision in Dyson atleast for the small bits so they won’t be misplaced.
- Much cleaner than using a broom – definitely – A great appreciation from Hubby for vacuuming to such a great extent. Never know the carpets and floors had that much dust in them until I have finished vacuuming and had a look at the cylinder.
What could have been better:
- We felt it is slightly noisier than or old vacuum though it claims to have reduced noise level. But the suction was excellent that all the bits and pieces of even food particles had been picked up excellent.
- One of the attractions we had towards our previous Vacuum was stretchable, lengthiest extension that would cover the stairs without a need to move vacuum. Felt it is missing from Dyson, so I need to bring my Dyson with me for every few steps. But, as the cord is stretched on our previous Vacuum, we did notice the suction power was reducing which I never felt with Dyson. And Hubby also didn’t complain much about not having a stretchable cord instead was happy carrying the cylinder with him.
- The machine is VERY EFFECTIVE, has GREAT suction power but one thing that was missing is, there is no way of reducing or adjusting the power to the level I want. We noticed this when trying this out on the blinds.
This is perfect for any family who needs a good clean for the home where there are messy children, pets and ofcourse grown-ups and especially because of the tangle free turbine tool which myself and hubby are very impressed of.